General

Friday 20 July 2012

My Puppy, I once called Ricky

Its been 2 years now, since Ricky passed away. I weep for his demise now, that I found out just recently from my ex-student that he had passed away. He would have been 7 years (41 dog years) then.

I remember the first day I set my eyes on him, the fluffy little puppy. I reached the breeder's home in USJ Subang at night, after work. It was an anxious drive to the breeder's den. She told me over the phone that the puppies were too young, but I could dropby to hand pick the one I wanted. I wasn't sure if any of the puppies would bond with me immediately or will I pick the wrong one. It was definitely either a beagle or a shih tzu, but I eventually decided on a shih tzu.

I reached her home at around 8pm, only to notice that the surrounding area was quite dark. I heard a frenzy  of activity from beyond the gates, and I knew these bunch of puppies were definitely pumped with energy. Upon reaching the puppies, one little puppy looked up at me, gave me the cheekiest look and started circling around, trying to catch his tail. He stopped when I turned to speak to the breeder, and the moment I looked at him again, he repeated his circling... I knew just then, that he bonded with me. I picked him up, with the breeder's permission, cuddled him and told the breeder, "Ricky, this is my Ricky". 

I still have him in my memory, and I love him very much... I will get another just like my Ricky, one day in future ... small things that matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment